Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New member from Delaware

Hello.

I have been visiting the forums for a few weeks and will likely purchase a K5 or K30 from Adorama. I had always been a fan of the Pentax K1000 before the digital age.

Also before digital, I used a manual Sears Program camera with interchangeable lenses. Then digital came, and like so many other baby boomers, I started with point-and-shoots. My current point-and-shoot is a Sony DSCHX1, purchased on Ebay in April 2012. Although a sweet little Sony, (a baby brother to the Alpha line), I outgrew it in four months.

It's time to go DSLR. I have been feeding myself a steady diet of specs and reviews and keep returning to Pentax. Budget is limited, but with Bill Me Later options, I can get something from Adorama.

Not a fan of the Megapixel wars and the Canon/Nikon camp just for the sake of a name.

Any suggestions for me? I am a big girl with large hands and need a good grip on a DSLR. In addition, I am not about large megapixel count just for the sake of cropping; I believe in framing the shot correctly in the first place. I do have plans on printing photos in the future and need adequate megapixels for that purpose but do not have the $$$ for upgrading my computer setup to accommodate my new camera.

Thanks again, and I might be interested in selling a few K mount lenses once I get seller access.

09-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.