Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Hello Pentax doing a great job

As a Nikon D7000 and long time Nikon customer I am surprised at how disappointed some of you are with Pentax. I feel that the K5 already has a much better colour pallet with richer and more luminous files than the rather neutral, capable but rather underwhelming D7000. Then you have the cracking limited primes, Nikon just can't be bothered to produce pro quality primes for it's DX system. Now you have the K5 11S on the horizon which could well attract many serious landscape photographers, oh and by the way Nikon's auto focus system while improved does not nail it every time by any means. Pentax has a very attractive proposition and cameras that deliver very fine image quality, what's not to like!

09-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice to see a positive comment from someone from the other side of the tracks.

There sure is a lot of whining about Pentax products here.

I bought into Pentax because they offered a nice camera at a decent price, all while allowing me to put some old lenses to use...
09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3

I have to agree.
I love my K5 and especially the limited lenses and also legacy glass.
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pland Quote
As a Nikon D7000 and long time Nikon customer I am surprised at how disappointed some of you are with Pentax. I feel that the K5 already has a much better colour pallet with richer and more luminous files than the rather neutral, capable but rather underwhelming D7000. Then you have the cracking limited primes, Nikon just can't be bothered to produce pro quality primes for it's DX system. Now you have the K5 11S on the horizon which could well attract many serious landscape photographers, oh and by the way Nikon's auto focus system while improved does not nail it every time by any means. Pentax has a very attractive proposition and cameras that deliver very fine image quality, what's not to like!
No matter what Pentax does, PF members will find a way to moan and whine - myself included. It seems to be pretty much the way it is but I guess it helps to make things move forward.

Just wait and see when Pentax releases a FF, we will see the same behaviors.

09-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I also agree. I've been involved in photography for 25+ years now, and have owned and used more cameras than I count from just about every brand. In my opinion, Pentax makes great cameras & lenses that are up to par with Canon & Nikon. Maybe this or that feature could be better, but as a whole they're every bit as good, only a bit different.

There's no such thing as a "perfect" anything, and you can't please everyone. As long as Pentax is in the DSLR game and I can buy good lenses and bodies as I need them, I'm good. I like Pentax gear & I'm sticking with it.
« Hi pentaxians. | Hi »