Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #1

Hello Pentax Forums

Hello,

I became a potentially proud Pentax possessor(Alliteration!). Went to a yard sale and a giant chunk of metal was sitting on the table. It was a Honeywell Pentax H3v. Just seeing and holding it made me want it. Ended up getting it off the guy for 10 bucks with a 55mm lens. According to him, it's never been dropped. The screen looks pretty rough and the lens is pretty beat up also, but I couldn't really complain for 10 dollars. Reading about it when I got home, I noticed that it is a pretty old camera. My mom had a roll of film from the 90s so I grabbed it and started shooting away to test it out. Mid way through though after I took one picture the viewfinder would go black (I'm guessing because the mirror wasn't returning?) but on the next shot (or several more), it would go back to normal. 20 pictures later and I'm waiting for the afternoon to drop off the film at a camera shop near my college. I hope all the pictures come out decent Personally I know little to nothing about photography but hope to learn. Can anyone help with this problem here? I'm going to make a post in the film section later.

All in all I'm happy to be a member (hopefully if everything's okay with the camera). I hope to learn something about photography on it. I've got to start reading now.

09-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us here!