Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day all, from Perth, W.Australia.

Time to stop stalking the forum and become as one with the rest of you. First my thanks for all your informative knowledge and wisdom it has certainly helped me along the way.
I'm just a hobby photographer with, it seems, not much time on hand to get out and about much to click pics. I spend most of my weekends looking after the horses at an aggistment
centre where we keep my daughters horse, so I seem to have a shoot load of horse pics. I've used the old K1000 since the mid 80s, moving on to older daughters hand me down Fuji
finepix??, her Nikon d80 when I could get my hands on it (never could keep it long enough to learn how to drive it properly) and so now, since about May, my very own Pentax K5 with
just the 18-55mm wr kit lens. Took me long enough to get. Had lots of disappointing photos but am pleased to say I'm getting a lot better, 'specially my stills. Digital is a little different to
film, couldn't miss with K1000. Oh, and I have learnt that even a not so good photo can be rescued as "works of art" I ask a lot of the little 18-55 but by the time I move up to the
50-135 f2.8 it will have stood me in good stead. I'll post a couple of pics in the user photo gallery shortly, taken with the K5, but don't expect the quality you lot put up.

Eebll.

09-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Aboard. Glad you find the forum useful.
09-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, and yes I've found the forum extremely useful. Just posted my first photo in users photo gallery. Thought I had resized it but not so sure.