Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from UK

Hi
My name is Thomas, originally I`m from Poland, but from six years I live with my family in the UK in West London.
I start photographing long time ago when I was 16 or 17, using B&W films on my Zenith camera. All photographs was developed by me in the process called C41. It took me a loot of time to learn about the shutter speed, aperture, film sensitivity and correct exposure. After that I get long break from photography, 15 years later I get my new first DSLR Camera Pentax K-7. I tried some Canon and some Nikon cameras in my price range and they was not as solid as Pentax, so when I first time took Pentax in my hand I knew this is it. Rock solid magnesium body, waterproof and what the most important fully compatible old lenses for small amount of money.
After just over year I upgrade my K7 to the higher model Pentax K-5. This camera inherited everything from K7 plus lots new futures in which the most important for me was the new sensor with amazing pictures quality in difficult light conditions (low noise in high ISO sensitivity).

Now I`m trying something really new and exciting Medium Format. I use Pentax 67 and I have to say the results are stunning so far.

So hi to everyone and I hope to learn a lot from more experience Pentaxians. :-)

My portfolio - I hope you like it.

09-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour,

Welcome to PF and thanks for your post. It's good to have another European aboard. Your site is very good! I, too, went from a K-7 to a K-5, and very happy now.

Soyez le bienvenu et salut, John le Frog
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Welcome to PF and thanks for your post. It's good to have another European aboard. Your site is very good! I, too, went from a K-7 to a K-5, and very happy now.

Soyez le bienvenu et salut, John le Frog

Hey Jean - Thank you :-)
09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome Thomas, from a Yorkshire member.

09-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome =]