Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #1

Hello from Columbus, GA

I recently replaced my first DSLR (a Minolta Maxxum 5D) with the K10D after a ton of research. Now some of my tax refund will go towards another lens (or two - LOL) and a flash. And a flash bracket, and whatever else I can justify buying... I've got my first wedding in April so I'm excited (and nervous) about that. I've been an amateur hobbyist since 2003 but it wasn't until I went digital in 2005 that I really feel like I learned the most.

Any recommendations regarding flashes and/or brackets are definitely welcome!
Thanks!!

02-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by StacyA1973 Quote
I recently replaced my first DSLR (a Minolta Maxxum 5D) with the K10D after a ton of research. Now some of my tax refund will go towards another lens (or two - LOL) and a flash. And a flash bracket, and whatever else I can justify buying... I've got my first wedding in April so I'm excited (and nervous) about that. I've been an amateur hobbyist since 2003 but it wasn't until I went digital in 2005 that I really feel like I learned the most.

Any recommendations regarding flashes and/or brackets are definitely welcome!
Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum, Stacy. I have photographed a few weddings and my advice regarding equipment are:
1) Know how to use what you have and I mean REALLY know how to use it so you don't make a mistake in the heat of the moment.
2) Make sure everything is ready on the day of the wedding
3) Whenever possible, have backup equipment because "My camera isn't working" is not an acceptable excuse. Regardless of what happens, YOU are responsible for making sure the pictures are done properly.

Now for flash recommendations, I use a 540 with TR-III battery pack and (2) 360 flash units. They work well enough, though I wish the 540 had a shorter recycle time. I haven't used any other flash units but several of the other forum members have a good bit of experience with the Metz and Sigma units.

Welcome to the forum!
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forum Stacy, can't wait to see your work.
If you ever get down here to the beach give me a hollar I'm due south of you on the gulf. and have a extra house I rent out by the day cheap for friends.