Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #1

Hello from Victoria, BC

Hello all! I'm not much of a forum poster, this is my first thread and one of very few posts at all in any forum. I guess the best way to start is by explaining how I got onto Pentax.
My brother has an older film SLR from Pentax (at the moment I do know what model, shall edit when I do) and I was looking to get into dSLR photography. My first camera was/is a Panasonic Lumix FP-2. I was going between Sony and Pentax, then eventually narrowed it down to Pentax flat. Then the K-30.
I started my first job right around when I started wanting for to have a nice system. The first two months of payment went into my K-30. Since I opted to get the 18-55m WR lens and a blue body rather than one of the kit lenses, I had to wait three weeks for the body to come into the store I was ordering through (Kerrisdale Cameras). About four days after finally getting my hands on it, I was asked if I wanted to be the photographer for the Victoria International Chalk Art Festival.
My interests are landscapes and macros.
So yeah, that pretty much catches you up on my recent history.
Bonus!: the finished centerpiece of the festival (unedited). It's taken off Facebook so the quality isn't great.

09-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
I would love to see your shots of the art festival
09-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sure, all the photos are public viewing and mine are the Day 1, 2 3 and 4 along with one of the cover photos on the facebook page of the festival.