Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #1

Hi from the PNW

Another new "Q" user in the Pacific Northwest. Somewhat new to Pentax...my first big splurge after graduating from college was the original digital Optio many years ago, the camera that could fit in an Altoids tin. I loved that camera to death and have been obsessed with all things small and tiny.

About a dozen cameras later and today i'm mostly using the Canon S95 and Olympus XZ-1 as my main cameras. The Olympus replaced a Panasonic LX3 which was a joy to use, had some yellow blotchy issues with low light but was unbeatable at the time...then two specks of dust appeared on the sensor. So onto the XZ-1, fantastic results with the Olympus. Nice blurry bokeh was achievable. Very nice results, but it still felt a bit large around my neck. At the same time, I wanted to step up to a mirrorless setup but couldn't really commit to any system, looking heavily at my coworkers' setups (micro 4/3, NEX ).

Then the "Q" appeared out of nowhere...here we are a year after it was first available (with some nice price drops) and I absolutely love it. I've been on these forums daily learning more about the capabilities of this little beast--the "Q" is just an amazing piece, with results that have been surprisingly good. It's a camera I just want to carry with me all of the time, it's an absolute joy to use!

09-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
welcome Pico.
09-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, have a good look round, there's lots to see.