Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Hello my fellow artist ~NYC

I'm a new member to this site and new to the photography. I just recently got myself a Pentax k5 and I'm really enjoying the camera. I haven't figure all the ins and outs of the camera but day by day I'm learning new things about it. My research led me to get the K5 because is one the best camera ever made.

Since i was real young i always wanted to get myself a camera. I sometimes saw things that i wish I would have recorded to show other people or even my children when i have them. I want to show other the things, i did, I done, and will do. I simply want to freeze and keep my memories so the future could see what i did in the present.

Everything has something beautiful in them and with the equipment I could try expose that beauty to the world. At the moment my skills are lacking but I'm sure that with time i could take images that would provoke the minds of other or ignite emotions within them.

My current equipment is Pentax k5 and da 35mm 2.4. I want to travel to central America but I'm unsure of what lens to get next .
The fa 50 mm 1.4 , Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM , or Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM. My budget is 500.
I like shooting people, Eyes, nature, or anything that capture my interest.

10-03-2012, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. Keep an eye on the marketplace here, it's useful to make keywords and get the email updates, so you can get an idea of what lenses are selling for.

A choice you may add to the mix is the DA 18-135 for its weather-resistance. It's a pretty good performer and you don't have to worry about it.
10-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums.

regarding a lense for you use in Central America, i can tell that i have been very happy for my 18-55 WR both in dry dusty season, and for the heavy rain in the raining season.
So maybe look for something WR like 18-55 or 18-135
10-03-2012, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcoming. I looked around for the da 18-135, I'm not sure if i really want that.
I'm sure i won't be shooting in the weather but it would be great if Pentax did more primes with WR.

10-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, and have fun looking for Pentax glass--and taking photographs, urban and otherwise.