Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

Hello from Argentina!

Hi,

I started my life in DSLR cameras with a PENTAX MX, It is awesome great expetience, different world from my first compact digital (canon sx110). This compact has lean me the manual features, but I needed to move to reflex when I started to study photography.
When I decided to move to DSLR digital (economic decision), I started the market research to decide what to buy. I don't remember how many brands and models I reviewed, but when I see the K-5 features I couldn't doubt it, the camera was improving my expectation. I brought it in USA, a friend was in holidays there and I sent it from Amazon to the Hotel. It costed u$s 1000, just the body to reduce the package size... in Argentina the cost was u$s 2000.

Now.. my world has changed after use this camera... thinking that it's more than I was expecting, and being my first DSLR digital, I'm learning too much everytime that I'm using it. It's very dynamic.. in some words. .

Since I couldn't buy lens yet, I'm using manual lens of the MX, 35mm f2.4, 50mm f2.0 and 135mm f3.5.

I think that I'll buy DA 35mm f2.4. because cost/quality.

Well that's all, Sorry for my english, I did my effort.

I'm here trying to lean about forum experience, and improve my knowledge and why not help somebody.

Thank you very much!
Regards from Buenos Aires

Peace

10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums, your English is very good, enjoy the new camera.
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and the DA 35 is a great lens plus an excellent value for its price. I have one and it's really good ... J