Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello

Hello to everybody

I'm new on this very interesting forum, and I want to present myself. I'm 54, and only 1 year old in using a Pentax, a K-r. I'm also a very old amateur astronomer, with a big number, 5, of telescopes in my possesion. In this year I've completed my line of lenses with a Sigma 10-20mm, another Sigma 17-70mm, a Tamron 70-300 LD, a Pentax M 50mm/2, and a Hanimex 28mm/2,8, a Sigma 530 external flash, and a lot of rings, and other accesories. A few month ago I discovered this forum, and I became adicted to it. But because I'm a moderator on an astronomy forum in my country, and this takes me some time daily, I decided to join your forum a little later, when I have something to say, and, first, some experience with my Pentax camera.

In astronomy we have a wishing, ''clear sky''. I don't know how can a whishing can be on this forum, but maybe, ''to a FF sooner than later'', could be fine.

10-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and to a FF sooner than later!

10-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #3

Hi welcome to the forum. I'm new too and also use a Kr. Do you use it to photograph the sky? would be great to see.
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you

I didn't use my camera to photograf the sky because of two thing. First, the mirror is very shaky, and even mounted on a telescope and an equatorial mount, and an 8 kg tripod, a when the mirror moves, the hole system moves. Not much, but a 4-5 pixels movement can be seen on a picture, especialy in astrophoto. Second, other cameras, K-5 for exemple, can lock-up the mirror before you take the picture, but, far as I know, on K-r, you can lock-up the mirror only for cleaning.

10-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #5

Hi Jimmy the Kr has a mirror lock on it. If you press the timer button (above OK) you get a menu, scroll across to the third setting( which is the timer ) and select the 2 second timer.
After pressing the shutter this will lift the mirror after 2 seconds it will take the shot. This setting is to get rid of camera shake from the mirror. let me know how you get on.
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Eion. I'll try this solution.