Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #1

New member here

Hi! My name is Frank. I am from Denmark. I have a K-7 and a K-5, a Limited 15 and 70. Allso a 18-135, whitch followed the K-7 and a 18-55 following the K-5. And bought a tripod - Benro.In the early days, I used a ME Super. So now I have gone digital for the first time. Allso downloaded Elements 10 and practisen that part. My be I some day can share some fotos of mine. (Sorry for my bad english spelling.) I bought a Marumi achromat macro lins 200 (+5) which is working fine on the 70 mm.

I ask my self, should I by the 35 mm or the 40 mm Limited? Which one is bedst? Anyone here til recommend some?

10-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Frank and welcome to the forums, I haven't used any of the lenses you mention so cannot comment.
10-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be tempted by the 40 just because it's a pancake and might be very nice to carry around. Overall, I've been more impressed by images from 35mm lenses.
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi snappychappy and TER-OR - thanks for your words. I just read about stains on some of the K-5 censors. Those stains - hpw do they look in the pics? Form, color?? what should I look for?

Great pics you bouth have taken - wow.

10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Hello guys . I am regular reader on this site, but never registered. Sometime last year I decided I was going to go into photograhy and bought a k5 and some lenses. Unfortunately i haven't had the time to go shooting and considering the detour my life is taking, i don't see myself putting them to good use.so I decided I am going to sell my equipment. I am kind of attached to my equipment and it is hard letting them go, but I hope in future I will be able to fulfill my passion for photography. I will shortly be listing them online.
10-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

The sensor staining was in an early batch of K-5s. Set your aperture to the highest setting, and take a shot of a clear blue sky. If you see a cluster of dark spots, it's a stain. Maybe, it could also be dust. Under normal conditions, the staining may be invisible and it's likely your camera is not among the affected batch.

Too bad, SODI, but sometimes you have to live with what life hands you. I like lugging my camera around when I'm walking the dogs etc. just to see what I can see. Particularly when the birds are migrating, since you never know what you might find. Photography doesn't always have to be big, impressive sights...
10-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks TER-OR for your answer. In som pics from both my K7 and K5 I find colored dots (pix - liking) wen I zoom (quite a bit) into the pictures. As fare as I can see, it is only in longer exponations - using my tripod. Have you, or anyone else detected that feanomen?
I am wrigting here in this tread, because I not familiar whit this site yet, Sorry if I should write in a different place.
Can I upoad some of my pics just here at this tread? Or are there a better place?
Best regards -Frank
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

If you search the forum for 'sensor stain' you might find some threads which are applicable.

Noise can cause odd discolorations, so can dust. I haven't found any problem on mine, but once in a while I get a speck of dust I must remove with a blower. It's not frequent, though.

11-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum. I have not used those lenses, so cannot comment. However, I am also considering the 43 mm limited, and there are some copies on Amazon right now in the $500 and $600 range. The 31 mm limited is just too expensive for me to consider at the moment, over $1,000, but I am not anticipating any price decreases! I think the decision on these lens basically depends on the focal length you need to use the most. My Danish is not as good as your English!
11-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #10

Hi Anthony from Ireland here, I have a K5 and a large collection of lens in all sorts of mounts ...
11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by Frank Koefoed Quote
Thanks TER-OR for your answer. In som pics from both my K7 and K5 I find colored dots (pix - liking) wen I zoom (quite a bit) into the pictures. As fare as I can see, it is only in longer exponations - using my tripod. Have you, or anyone else detected that feanomen?
I am wrigting here in this tread, because I not familiar whit this site yet, Sorry if I should write in a different place.
Can I upoad some of my pics just here at this tread? Or are there a better place?
Best regards -Frank
Colored pixels at long exposures are the socalled hot pixels or stuck pixels, i.e. faults on individual pixels of sensor. Most cameras (any brand) have a few of these and more may develop over time. Your camera has a pixel mapping function to rid you of this issue, so you may want to run that function. Some image editors (like Photoshop Camera Raw) will map those faulty pixels out so that you don't see them upon opening the file.
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #12

Hi eveyone! my name is Ahmet, from Turkey-İstanbul. I have k10-D. I've used 18-55 WR lens and also vivitar 300mm prime lens (this lens is manual).