Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From San Jose

Hello everyone!

I used to be a Nikon user (please forgive me ). Had been lugging around a F100, 50mm f/1.4, and 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 for years. But in 2006 I sold everything film-related and went digital. After much reading, I decided to venture into the Pentax world; it was the quality of the prime lenses that ultimately convinced me. I started with a K110D and a 35mm f/2; this combo has kept me quite happy and has gone pretty much everywhere with me for the last 2 years.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to expand my range. After much reading (again!) and a bit more splurging this time, I now welcome these little ones to the family: K10D, 21mm f/3.2, 43mm f/1.9, and 70mm f/2.4. Might have gone overboard this time, but I know the lenses will keep me pentaxed (is that a word?) for a long time.

Thanks for this cool place. I'm excited to have found a Pentax community to hang out now.

Chun

02-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice set up you got there !

Welcome to the forums . We have quite a few members here having more than one system brand so you are safe .

I live in the Bay Area too but I haven't seen one other Pentax user in person !
02-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Chun Quote
Hello everyone!

I used to be a Nikon user (please forgive me ). Had been lugging around a F100, 50mm f/1.4, and 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 for years. But in 2006 I sold everything film-related and went digital. After much reading, I decided to venture into the Pentax world; it was the quality of the prime lenses that ultimately convinced me. I started with a K110D and a 35mm f/2; this combo has kept me quite happy and has gone pretty much everywhere with me for the last 2 years.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to expand my range. After much reading (again!) and a bit more splurging this time, I now welcome these little ones to the family: K10D, 21mm f/3.2, 43mm f/1.9, and 70mm f/2.4. Might have gone overboard this time, but I know the lenses will keep me pentaxed (is that a word?) for a long time.Chun

Thanks for this cool place. I'm excited to have found a Pentax community to hang out now.Chun
Welcome to the forum from a fellow bayarean. You have some very nice primes and a fine camera... post up some photos...especially some with theat 43lmtd. I have always wanted that one.

-gus-

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Nice set up you got there !

Welcome to the forums . We have quite a few members here having more than one system brand so you are safe .

I live in the Bay Area too but I haven't seen one other Pentax user in person !
Ha ha... I am from here too and I have never seen a live pentax shooter either... I know Hinman lives close... but someone holding a pentax and shooting the camera......
someday I will see one of the lost tribe...

maybe you?

-gus-
02-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome.

I have to say I've never met a Pentax user in person either. I guess my task now is to take a picture of someone else using a Pentax. Will definite take the 43/1.9 out for a work out and post some pictures here soon.

Maybe someone should organize a "Bay Area Pentax Shooter's Meet" of sorts at places like Monterey or Point Lobos when the weather is nice. That should be fun. I know the folks over at a headphone audiophile forum have this kind of local meets all the time, and they always seem to have a blast (judging by their post-meet reports). Just a thought.

02-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #5

I'm from San Jose as well, but right now I go to school at UC Davis. Yeah, I've only seen one other pentax shooter and that was in berkeley. Anyways, thanks for joining the forum, we'll love to see your shots!
02-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm on the North side of the Bay Area . Surely in the near future I will meet up with you guys . Just to verify that there are LIVE Pentax users out there . I'm mad like hell by the fact a camera system I picked has been "trashed" so much and yet its gears are so difficult to find . Somebody is not telling the truth ! I begin to think they " trashed " it so people will dump Pentax gears for cheap