Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New member introduction

I am new member but old Pentax user. Travelled around the world many times with my Sears-Pentax K-1000, never used automatic anything, just learned to estimate light and bracket shoot as necessary while setting my own aperature, and shutter speed. Seemed to work out fairly well. Now I have K-10 (crippled), K-20, and K-7 with lens 77 mm ltd, 50 mm 2.8 macro, 10-17 fisheye, as well as some non-Pentax Tamron, Sigma, etc. The 77 limited is the one that I do not let out of my eyesight. I am normally shooting with the 77 limited with the 50 mm 2.8 macro in the bag ready to go. I have ambitions for the 31 limited and maybe the 43, and also looking into some Helios like the 58mm and maybe some others with the m42 adjustment mounting ring. Some of my Pentax photography is contained in albums on my facebook page under name Ivan Vernon. Favorite photographic shots--anything that passes in front of my lens, particularly friends, family, flowers, nature, and animals. I am pleased to become acquainted on the forum, and happy to exchange thoughts, cameras, and lenses except that I will not let anyone else hold my silver 77 limited lens because it has magic on the inside and I do not want to lose any of the pixie dust that makes the most ordinary subject look special. BTW, my crippled K-10 works fine as a totally manual camera, so I have to use lenses with an aperture ring, and I set aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focus. Focus would be a lot easier if it had a split-screen focussing feature, but, hey, all these cameras, no matter how advanced their features, are just one electronic failure away from the trash can. My Sears-Pentax is still there quietly waiting for a new roll of film along with about 10 Canon A-1s, AE1s, and F-1s. Those I will swap or give away for the right consideration!

10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
10-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hello

Thanks for the welcome. it is a pleasure to be in contact with others who share my photographic interests as well as my commitment to Pentax equipment. I would appreciate any advice on the best/least expensive/most convenient way of getting my hands on some of the Helios lens along with a screw mount to K mount conversion ring. I know everything is listed on eBay, but wonder if that is the best approach or some other channel. Thanks in advance.
10-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I put a split-screen in my K-10, and it was much more usable for manual focus. I'm not the quickest guy at manual, though...
The conversion isn't difficult if you're patient and have some dexterity.

10-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip. Maybe I will investigate getting a split screen.
10-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your images.