Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Washington State

Hello all:
Just signed up with the forums and have already got a lot of information from it's members. I especially like the lens reviews and other technical information.
I have recently purchased a Pentax K-x off Ebay with the two lenses (18-55, 50-200).
I am impressed with the Pentax quality and lens choices. I especially like the battery design (AA).
My only disappointment seems to be with the AF/MF switch. It seems it's stuck in AF mode at all times (switch in either position). This was not a problem until yesterday when trying to shoot spawning salmon jumping up a waterfall.
I looked at the mechanism and it looks like there seems to be a plastic part that is not engaging to retract and tell the camera "I'm in manual".
I would love to start using older Pentax lenses but this maybe a problem (after reading much about using the older lenses) if the MF is not engaged. This was the main reason I chose Pentax over the others.
Being in a small town and Seattle is the closest city with any camera repair (3 hours away) this maybe a problem.
I tried calling a couple of them but they said I would have to send it in for an estimate.
If anyone out there in the forum has had this repaired or has done it themselves please let me know. I'm curious if it's worth it or not to repair. I do love the camera and that seems to be the only thing wrong with it.
Thank you and I look forward to any responses.

10-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and I hope that you find a solution for your AF/MF switch ... J