Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #1

Hi there, Wayne here

Hello all,

My name is Wayne. I've been a Pentaxian for many years. My first slr was a K-1000 (circa 1980s). My first dslr was a K-5 (purchased in 2011). Over the course of my photographic journey I've used other systems and cameras, but Pentax has a special place in my heart. I trust you all know what I mean. Although I've not always been loyal to the brand; I shoot other systems in tandem, its the IQ, build, features, and value that keep me close to Pentax.

My decision to join this forum is based largely upon how well it's run (hat off to Adam and the mods), and how informative and up-to-date the information is coming from all the members. Plus, I just ordered a K-01 body to complement my K-5. Given the recent price reduction, it was a no-brainer. I've been running a Samsung NX system in the mirrorless format since the NX100 was released but always hoped for more filter options and aspect ratios in that system, something that even my lowly Pentax Optio RZ10 provided.

I know the K-01 is discontinued but for $339.43 through a reputable online retailer I was able to pick this body up for less than the cost of a Samsung NX 20mm lens. I already have the DA 21mm Limited so my rationale was to use it with the K-01. What I may lose in respect to "i-function" and smaller form factor on my NX100 or NX200 should be more than compensated for with the overall performance and IQ of the K-01.

All that writen, I'm glad to be here and hope to contribute something to the on-going conversations.

Thanks for having me,

Wayne

11-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Wayne and Welcome to the Pentax K-5 Club.
11-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
WMW

Original Poster
Thanks eaglem!

I look forward to participating here. I'm grateful for your kind welcome.
11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour and welcome to PF ... enjoy and post an image or two later! J

11-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Waye. Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to hearing from you and your posts.