Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #1

Pentax fan

Hi to everyone! I'm new here, as well as in photography. I own a Pentax DSLR k200d with the kit lenses 18-55mm & 50-200mm, a simple tripod, a remote control manufactured by my cousin (a Pentax fan too), and I'm new in manual lens, discovering them - owning a Helios 50mm f2 and testing now an Avanar 135mm f2.8; I'm going to sell the kit lenses 'cause that's clearly not satisfying me after seeing what old and fix lenses can do. I will change my body also, but not now 'cause of the money, searching a full-frame maybe. I just want to get along with what all of you guys write here, hope it will be a nice experience

11-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
11-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, the colors from a lot of the old lenses are really quite nice. Sometimes I think it's because we have to stop and think about the exposure and conditions when we shoot manual, so the pictures turn out better than a snapshot on a semi-automatic mode. To me, though, it's still useful to have an autofocus lens on-hand for situations when you don't want to think too much. You won't get much for that kit lens, it's probably worth keeping.

Keep an eye open on the marketplace - you can set up a watchlist if you are waiting for a specific lens or even just focal length.
11-09-2012, 03:15 AM   #4

Original Poster
TER-OR, yes i believe i don't get much money on those 2 kit lenses, i want in exchange of them and more additional money to buy a 10-20mm or 12-24mm AF (especially for landscape photo). I can see the utility of AF of course, probably I'd go into wedding & events photography so I'll need a fast AF. I'll look into the marketplace, 10x.

11-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recently rented the Sigma 8-16 and really liked it. It's another to keep an eye open for. There are good options for super-wide angle.