Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #1

New kid on the block

Just thought I would introduce myself: I am something of a camera novice. My dear old pater, on the other hand is a die hard Pentaxian and member of this forum. So after 40 (mumble) years of listening to him rave about the camera, I thought that I would drop in and and get some other opinions on the subject. My own experence with photography is an on again, off again thing, mainly with inexpensive Walmart specials and more recently, my cell phone. The truth is that I do enjoy taking photos, especially when they turn out well, so taking a more serious run at photography is my nod to the mid life crisis. God knows it is both cheaper and safer than that little red sports car that I've had my eye on.

So with that in mind I would like to start this with a question: why Pentax? Is it an exclusive thing for you, ie: are you a fan boy (girl)? Or do you own more than one make? And if so why? Sell me

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

MPB

11-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Marc and thank you for that interesting introduction. If you pose your questions in the Pentax Beginners Corner I'm sure you'll get all the information you require. Enjoy your stay with us.
11-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks eaglem, I will do that.

MPB
11-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the fold.

A camera and a bag full of lenses are better for you wallet and health than that sports car.

QuoteQuote:
why Pentax?
Because every SLR Pentax lens ever made will work on the latest model. Some have limited functions or require manual mode but they work. I don't think any other brand offers that option.