Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Inactive Account

hello to all

I have been a member here for some time but have never taken the time to introduce myself to the rest of the community.
I have been interested in photography since early 70's when I bought my first 35mm SLR. It was a Vivatar, and I had that camera until about 10 years ago when it finally just quit on me altogether. I then bought a used point and shoot from a friend, and was never really happy with it. Then in 2004 I bought a Pentax ZX-7 film camera. I really like that camera, but time has passed me by somewhat, so I broke down and bought a IST-D in 2007. Like it allot. Still I love film, but it is getting almost impossible to find a local store that will take care of the processing, and it is allot of fun to use Adobe to work on my digital pics.
I am bored to tears with the cheesy 18-55MM lens that came with my IST, and am looking for a decent lens that I can do macro with, such as the Pentax DA-50-135MM.

Would this be a good lens to add to my bag?

11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Mike and thank you for the interesting introduction. I myself use a Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG Macro and find that very sharp indeed so may pay you to try one out before you decide.
11-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you for your thoughts on the Sigma. I will definitely give that a look.
I have been a LURKER on this site for some time. I finally decided it was time to say hello, glad I did!