Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bitten by the bug, again

I started out with a K1000 back in 1983, when my daughter was born. The family wanted pictures, so they bought this for me. Later on, I picked up a 28mm lens, which I rarely used, and a 70/200 zoomie which I wound up using all of the time. I wound up taking hundreds of shots of bands in bars and clubs with it. (I only wish that I had digital versions of some of these.)

I recently got bitten by the photography bug for a second time. I bought a Nikon L810 for snapshots, but it seemed like too much of a toy. It's good for one-handed operation while walking my dog, and the video looks good on my laptop, so it wasn't a total waste.

Just picked up a used K110D. No manual or accessories, so I'll need some of that stuff. I'm looking for another zoomie, because 18/55 isn't enough. I understand that I can use the old one (I haven't tried it yet), but I would still like one which can communicate with the 110's internals.

I feel like I'm learning how to work a camera all over again. Hopefully that feeling will pass!

I found this forum during a Google search. Maybe I can learn something.

11-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Home. Glad you're back. Yes, your old lenses will work fine with your new dSLR. The lens review section here is a terrific resource when looking for a lens. Just poke around and don't be afraid to ask questions. Here is a link to download the manual for your 110D - http://c758710.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/support/manual/422_1314745041-396821406_manual.pdf
11-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for that. I did find the PDF online.

There may be some bad news... there seems to be some "spider-webbing" inside the lens. It's not on the surface. I don't know when this happened, but the lens has been put away for some years now. I'll see if I can get a snap of it. Maybe it won't show up in a photo, but it can't be good.