Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #1

Introduction to pandrews, new member

I used a Pentax K-mount SLR for many years -- from about 1984 actually, and have some good SMC type A lenses. My only experience with digital photography has been with a point-and-shoot. I recently purchased a K-x body with the intent of using the lenses I already had to take pictures in the Manual Mode. I've been struggling with the operating manual in an attempt to work out a simple procedure -- steps in the appropriate order -- to do that, but i'm having trouble: The manual assumes a certain amount of familiarity with digital culture, and the other non-manual options seem to get in the way of my immediate objective. When I try to set up the next step it often seems to be part of some other mode, and I flounder around in various menus. I will eventually get into the other modes, I presume, but at the moment I am working with a Tokina 70-200 zoom (in K-mount), a 2.0/50 normal lens, and a 2.8/28 wide angle, and I want to bridge the gap between what I used to do with an SLR and the digital advantages of storage, computer interface, and avoiding the darkroom. My present lenses may or may not work in other modes without certain problems, but from what I have heard, they should work reasonably well in the Manual Mode. I am posting a thread with some basic questions.

11-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. If you pose your questions in the Pentax Beginners Corner I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.