Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2008, 03:17 AM   #1

Hi from Townsville Australia (far north/East Tropics)

Hi

I have only recently got back into photography; own a 38 year old pentax SLR that I did lots of photos with when I was younger, but it was retired about the same time my marriage expired.

So it was curious after mostly looking at Nikons to come across the K10D and discovering it's virtues in various reviews etc. Also the price was good.

Almost immediately got a 18-250 DA, copy of Photoshop and ordered the books to learn about it.

Love the K10D (only had it a month) and reckon the DA 18-250 is fantastic (5 days); all that in one lense.

In the past despite doing heaps of b/w on the old Pentax I never got myself organised with darkroom; life was to chaotic etc. Being a bit of computer lover I just can't believe my good luck at what I can do and hopefully learn to do.

So that's enough waffling on, I am sure to enjoy this place, and look forward to meeting everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.

02-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Hobie and welcome. Am newish here (just a few months), but can tell you that you've hit a goldmine.
02-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

TOWNSVILLE!

Welcome! Get us a picture of a muddie!
02-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
G'day Hobie - welcome to another Aussie!! Newbie myself, and I'll echo other comments here, that you have struck a veritable goldmine of nice folks and people willing to share their experiences and thoughts. Hope you enjoy your visits here.

02-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #5

Hi there, from another Aussie, (Sydneysider though).

Funny though, that I had/have cameras from Waaay Back, haven't gone digital yet.

But strangely like yourself, have only somewhat recently gotten back into it, after a long term relationship ended along with a body and camera drenching in seawater, I stopped taking photos, don't really know why,..BUT am very glad I have gotten back into it!

Glad to see you are too,..Heaps of Aussies on here,..lol
02-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Hobie,

And keep your gear away from all the rain and floodwaters!!!
Look forward to seeing your part of the Sunshine state through your lens!
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My mother moved from Townsville many years ago. I've spent a lot of time up there over the years. A beautiful patch of the world, and an area I would love to get back to with my girlfriend.

Welcome to the forum.