Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

Hello from France

Hi everyone,

i'm RaphaŽl, 25 y.o from France. I was planning to join this forum for a while, but i was very busy with the bar exam. I've been successful with this (can't believe it!), so now, i've plenty of time to get there

I discovered my passion for photography during a trip in the US in 2010 (we've been to the Grand Canyon, Brice Canyon, Zion Park and Las Vegas). My first DSLR was a K-X. I've always been interested in tech stuffs. I learn computing at 8 yo, i've built my computer at 13, and overclocked it at 14! Since 2005, i'm a mac user.

Since 2010 i'm very enthusiast about photography, i've read many books about exposition, composition, HDR, processing (including Michael Freeman, Bryan Peterson, Harold Davis and many others). After 2 years of intensive training, i would describe myself as a decent photographer. I love shooting HDR's, landscapes and sport photography (i'm the official photographer of La Rochelle's basketball team, there are formers NCAA players in the team)

I use to process my pics with Lightroom 4 and i generate my HDRs with Photomatix pro. Sometimes, i also use Autopano.

For some some months, i felt limited with my KX. So after the bar exam, i've decided to buy the new K5ii. I'm very pleased with this new camera, the build quality is gorgeous and the viewfinder is much more comfortable! And by the way, it's great to use both exposure bracketing and remote control (it wasn't possible with the KX!)

I've decided to join this forum in order to chat about photography and... in order to practice english Don't hesitate to reveal my mistakes!

You can also check it out my most popular pics HERE

So, have a nice day

11-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you certainly have an interesting set of travel images.

Just one question, the first picture has people sitting around on the beach in Paris and at night.

Keep up the good work, I really enjoy thought provoking pictures.
11-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #4

Original Poster
thanks guys!

The beach was open from 10am to midnight. This shot was taken around 9pm. Even at 9pm, the temperature was about 29į (celcius). A lot of people were chilling there, having beers and relax in front of the Seine!

11-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Raphael. Those are great pics. We've walked along the plage at night - great way to enjoy a beach in the middle of the city.