Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New member & A Big Thanks

[FONT="Arial Black"
Hi to all Pentax users worldwide!! I would really like to thank Adam for his welcoming e-mail
that I received upon joining Pentax Forums. I started my photographic journey while in high-school and to this day enjoy taking pictures. Being retired from business, I have much more time to devote to reading about photography and some of the great cameramen that inspired me for a long time. I have an adequate library from which to reference various
questions when the need arises. My forte was infrared photography and I used a Pentax Spotmatic and would shoot quiet landscapes. Also I did the photography for company golf tournaments. In addition I have shot pics throughout Mexico, Scotland and Canada.
A few years ago, I purchased a PX-1p at a Photo Expo and am still learning it's strong points for my prints. I really enjoy film photography and although I own a computer I don't feel the desire to go digital yet.
My compliments to Pentax for creating such a forum in which I can have my questions answered worldwide.
Kindest regards,
Don Nestor

Someday my prints will come!!!

02-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, Don! I shoot a Spotmatic myself, but have recently added a K10D. (Who says you can't have the best of both?)

I've found the PF regulars to be a pretty knowledgeable and fun bunch, and there've been fewer cranky sorts than on some other user sites I sampled before joining up here. I hope you'll find yourself some useful information, some laughs, and some things that make you go "hmmm..."
02-12-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Don AND Welcome to PentaxForums. We just know you'll love it here but, there is a small misconception.

QuoteQuote:
My compliments to Pentax for creating such a forum in which I can have my questions answered worldwide.
Pentax DID NOT create this forum hell, they don't even their time, prices or a small donation. This forum was created by Adam (I'm sure there was help from his dad too) and it grew until it busted at the seams and again, Adam took the initiative to move servers.

This forum is Member supported and that's what makes it Home.

Again, Welcome aboard.
02-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
JC, thanks for pointing that out...I'm sorry to admit that I didn't even pick up on Don's remark there when I read his intro post. Maybe if the insomnia weren't troubling me, I'd notice more.

Oh, well...anyway, Don, JC is right; this Pentax forum is member-originated and member-supported. A big gift from the Pentax user community to each other. If the parent company or even just Pentax USA wanted to help support or even just participate, that'd be nice, too. Especially since their own websites are a bit weak on the "interaction with users" features.

02-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hello again. I guess I was sorely mistaken when I assumed that this site was "overseen"
by Pentax. That explains why I wasn't referred to Pentax Forum by PENTAX when I e-mailed them.
I'll have to say they were cordial in their reply but this forum is tops when it comes to getting an answer to a question. I have a number of questions to ask and from time to time will be pounding the keys on this computer.

Thanks Chris and JC for your insight. I'm never too old to learn (even if I am old!!!) .

Kindest regards,
Don