Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1

soon to be a proud Pentaxian..

Hello everyone !!

A few moths a go I decided to take photography as a hobby ,but a Dslr was not in my plans or my budget so several youtube video-reviews later I got a canon G12, however after shooting manual with the dials to control aperture and shutter speed.. I knew I had to go for a DSLR ...but what camera and what brand? So many models and I was going to go for the brand I had been using.. so to make a long story short.... I went to the same process as before .. after lots of youtube videos, bolgs and sites with camera reviews I found pentax and this forum and decided to go for the pentax K5 =) which is a bold move since I am from Mexico and the brand positioning here is almost non existent.. but somehow It just felt like the right way to go ...so now I am waiting for it to arrive and star using it and be a proud owner of a K5 and a loyal Pentaxian …

best regards
Irving Orta

11-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please enjoy your stay with us.
11-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bienvenidos a PentaxForums y mas importante - la Familia de Pentax!

Yo hice lo mismo! Compre un Canon G11 para mi primera camera y despues due algunos meses, yo realizado que un DSLR era necesitado para mejor IQ, DOF, etc. Compre el Pentax K-7 en verano 2010 y el K-5 en Octubre 2011 cuando hay una ofierta que no puedo pasar lol. Ahorita tengo el K-5 IIs (ahorita es por correos...rapido por favor! ) porque el K-5 se rompio. Yo estaba muy estupido - yo olvide a ver si el cubierta de grip para el batería estaba alla (no...no lo estaba alla lol) y yo entré en una cascada. Si...estaba furioso conmigo lol. Pero el K-5 es camera que es cerca de perfeccion

Buenos suerte con tu nueva camera

-Heie

P.S. lo siento si mi espanol no es muy bien - era mi lengua materna porque mi abuela es de Colombia, y tuve una nana de Cuba cuando era muy joven tambien. Pero mi familia dejo hablando espanol en la casa cuando tuve tres o cuatro y perdi la mayoria de mi abilidad para hablar. Pero cuando yo puedo, yo trato

Last edited by Heie; 11-26-2012 at 02:12 AM.
11-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Bienvenidos a PentaxForums y mas importante - la Familia de Pentax!

Yo hice lo mismo! Compre un Canon G11 para mi primera camera y despues due algunos meses, yo realizado que un DSLR era necesitado para mejor IQ, DOF, etc. Compre el Pentax K-7 en verano 2010 y el K-5 en Octubre 2011 cuando hay una ofierta que no puedo pasar lol. Ahorita tengo el K-5 IIs (ahorita es por correos...rapido por favor! ) porque el K-5 se rompio. Yo estaba muy estupido - yo olvide a ver si el cubierta de grip para el batería estaba alla (no...no lo estaba alla lol) y yo entré en una cascada. Si...estaba furioso conmigo lol. Pero el K-5 es camera que es cerca de perfeccion

Buenos suerte con tu nueva camera

-Heie

P.S. lo siento si mi espanol no es muy bien - era mi lengua materna porque mi abuela es de Colombia, y tuve una nana de Cuba cuando era muy joven tambien. Pero mi familia dejo hablando espanol en la casa cuando tuve tres o cuatro y perdi la mayoria de mi abilidad para hablar. Pero cuando yo puedo, yo trato
Welcome to the forum! Having a good support group here hopefully will help any bumps you may have along the way (which will be very few, I am sure).

11-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
thank you guys..

I am still waiting for the K5 to arrive but this community is definettly a big part of why going with pentax felt the right way to go .. this forum relly makes you feel you are part of something bigger that just a cool camera with a bunch of features and a high price( like the big 2 you know).

Heie, gracias por tu comentario y si, me paso igual que a ti, al principio no crei necesaria una camara con lentes intercambiables pero una vez que te sumerges a este mundo de la fotografia y vas aprendiendo.. te das cuenta que se necesita una DSLR =).. y bueno cuando gustes practicamos español =)..
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You look at videos and reviews on YouTube and read blogs and in spite of all the attention the other guys get you still chose Pentax? Oh you are a clever one.
Welcome to the community!
11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yes.. I mean after all the smoke screens you get from the manufacturers and specially the fan boys of these brands on their reviews, you know.. And really , some people get very very picky on details (i 've noticed) when the product or feature is actually good.. But, any way when you take a close look at the price to value ratio of the pentax dslr you can't really look away .. for instance I have a friend who is professional photographer and when we talked about me buying a PENTAX.. i told him... "hey look at the specs and price" and the only arguments I got form him were that there are not as much lenses to choose form , to which I reply that is not like I was going to buy 20 lenses or even 5, maybe just 3 and that is it (well may be 5 is not such crazy idea right) ..so why would I want 100 lenses to choose from if half of them I cannot afford and I would only need 3 of the other half....

And the second one was that if I ever want to sale it, it would not be easy to do.. but hey I am waiting for my k5 to arrive and if it is as good and such a pleasure to shoot with ( is I’ve heard) why would I want to sale it ...

So there was no valid arguments not to go for it... the only thing is what I mention on my first post that there is no customer service in Mexico.. But it doesn´t mean that it never will be, so I just have to be patient =)