Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Pentax fans

Just wanted to say HI to everyone
I have been a Pentax lover for many years, although I must say I have been out of photography for a while. Hate to tell you what my first Pentax was..............loved that camera..................K1000 !! Since the introduction of digital I can't bring myself to use a film camera. I am now hunting for a K10D, and hoping as I navigate around this forum I might find one.........

12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, good luck in your search.
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you!
12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. The K10D is a fine camera. If you had a little more in your budget, a used K-r would be an excellent alternative (if you weren't fussed about weather sealing and the second e-dial). Otherwise, a used K-5 would be the best option if money was not a limitation. All the best in your search.

12-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

Welcome!
12-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Money, unfortunately IS a limitation........... am hoping that a K10 would suffice for outdoor pics, like to take a camera with me when I ride my horses, like to take pics of my dogs, etc, etc. Have older Pentax lenses I'd like to utilize, and weather sealing would help here in Vermont!!
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
gulp

Well............I had myself talked out of a search for a k10D...........but then I ran across one that I thought might be OK.........I hope I did the right thing.
Here is what I got,
K10D shutter count 2261
comes with:
1 PENTAX SOFTWARE S-SW55 DISC 3 BATTERY PACKS
1 BATTERY CHARGER
2 INSTRUCTION MANUALS
1 BATTERY GRIP WITH INSTRUCTION MANUAL(pentax)
1 2gb MEMORY CARD
1 TOU/FIVE STAR MC AUTO 1:28 28MM LENS WITH OPTEKA UV FILTER AND CAPS
1 SMC PENTAX-A 1:2 50MM LENS WITH CAPS
1 CAMERA STRAP
1 VIDEO CABLE
1 LEVEL FOR CAMERA
1 CAMERA CASE
1 PENTAX K10D MAGIC LANTERN GUIDE WITH A BONUS QUICK REFERENCE WALLET CARD

Somebody pleeze tell me I did 'ok'.........oh, $ 325.00 but have to pay 17.00 to ship..........
12-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
А я начинаю с Р-100. Но купил без программы для обработки файлов . Где скачать программу для Pentax K-100D Super ? Вот мои первые фото.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo   
12-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll do fine with the K-10. You'll just have to live within its parameters and think more - I'd argue this will make you a better photographer anyway. I installed a split-screen in mine, which is a bit of a double-edged sword but makes manual work in full light easier. It's a solid camera, there's nothing wrong with it - it's just a couple generations old. Get good with it and then decide whether you want to start saving your spare change for an upgrade.

The 2GB card could be too small for you, though, if you plan to shoot RAW. They're inexpensive, and it's good to have more than one anyway.

I think you'll enjoy that A50 lens - just make sure the camera is set to use Catch-in-Focus (if the K-10 has that, I don't remember).

Last edited by TER-OR; 12-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.
12-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ter-or Quote
you'll do fine with the k-10. You'll just have to live within its parameters and think more - i'd argue this will make you a better photographer anyway. I installed a split-screen in mine, which is a bit of a double-edged sword but makes manual work in full light easier. It's a solid camera, there's nothing wrong with it - it's just a couple generations old. Get good with it and then decide whether you want to start saving your spare change for an upgrade.

The 2gb card could be too small for you, though, if you plan to shoot raw. They're inexpensive, and it's good to have more than one anyway.

I think you'll enjoy that a50 lens - just make sure the camera is set to use catch-in-focus (if the k-10 has that, i don't remember).
Спасибо большое! Но где взять программу по обработке файлов , если купил камеру без cd?