Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #1

Hello and I'm Just waiting for my new K5

Coming back into photography after thirty year break and finding Digital mode just amazing, I've ordered my K5 and expecting it in a day or so, cannot wait!!!
Last camera was a Pentax ME Super which I really enjoyed using back in the early eighties but I' very rusty now and this forum seems to be a great place to start and be at for help and advice as well as friendship. I have to say that some of the images here blow me away big time, it's amazing the talent that's out there.
Anyways, it's great becoming a part of it and I hope to be able to contribute some in the near future.

Billy

12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hi Billy
You'll love the K-5. I also had a Pentax ME Super and used it about 20 years ago. I have arrived at the K-5 via the K-x.
All the best and remember to have fun.
12-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Falke,

Much appreciate the welcome, I'm still waiting for the K5 due to a problem with the one I initially received, ( it wasn't a new one) looks like the dealer tried to pass on a used one as new, so I am waiting for the replacement to arrive, but I do have the used model here to look over and study until the new one arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

Lots to learn by the looks of it that's for sure.

Billy
12-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
At last I received my brand new K5, so I can now start to learn how to use it, the manual will take me a while to get through but I'll read it through first and then pick out the bits that I need to get started. Got to say though, it's a really nice camera and will surely suit my needs.

12-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Magic Lantern K-7 book is nice, too.
Set up Catch-in-Focus if you use manual lenses from the "old days" and have fun! Your knowledge will return, I'm sure.
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Terry, I'll take a look at the book you suggest, I am also looking forward to taking the camera outdoors but its so cold her now. I'll just have to put plenty of warm clothing on and get out there.
I haven't thought too much about lenses yet I need to work on the wife first and then break the news to her gently :-)
12-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Anyway if you get sick of the small manual, here is an online one that you can download: http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5.pdf. In case you don't have it already