Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sharing with my daughter, plus bough one for Brother (both used)

Brother works for US Gov't, living in Afganistan, he is moving to Africa soon. He mentioned that he wanted to move up from pocket digital to a true DSLR. Found the video on the torture test on the Pentax K5/K7 on youtube, and knew this was the camera my brother needed for overseas dusty conditions. Found a good deal on a used K7 plus lenses for him. My daughter wanted an upgrade - then I found a nice used deal on a K20 for my high school daughter - with some older AF lenses the person had for their AF film cameras.

My kids like me taking pictures at their soccer game - I shout out advice much less when looking thru a viewfinder.

3 of my kids - 15, 12, and 11 love using the k20. I'll be sad to part with this when my daughter leaves for college.

Attached Images

12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us!
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
OK - I introduced myself (not much about myself personally - just why I got in to a Pentax). I am looking forward to going on Safari with my brother when he gets to Africa. and I need a 2nd post before I PM someone on a used flash in the marketplace. I learned a great deal from the reviews and posts here, but don't have much to contribute at this point - hope this counts as a 2nd post so I can make that pm....