Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Ontario

I once said that I would never buy a digital SLR. I was perfectly happy with my prosumer Fuji, but...........
after struggling with low light for too long, I decided to take the plunge. I have researched and researched and researched [you get the picture] for almost a year and finally decided to go PENTAX!! I am a total Pentax virgin having owned my K110 for just a few days. Actually, I am awaiting the K100, but until Future Shop gets more in, I am using the K110. So far, I'm thrilled with the results!

I particularily enjoy shooting Macro. I don't have a macro lens, but I use three +1, +2, +3 diopter close-up filters which usually give me some great results. I haven't tried them yet on the Pentax, but I'm hoping for some good shots!

My hubby is in a band and I often take pics at his gigs. I didn't have much success with my old Fuji. I also shoot dance recitals once or twice a year so I will be needing a faster lens for those instances.

I used to use a Canon tLB film SLR back in the 70s, so I'm not a stranger to SLRs, but the new digital technology intrigues me and inspires me to learn more! I don't understand the technical side of lenses, so I look forward to learning more about them here.

I am a TOTAL tech junkie. I just received a Wacom tablet for Christmas and I'm anxious to use it with Photoshop. I love designing frames, borders, brushes, templates, etc. in Photoshop and look forward to using the Wacom for easier creativity!

Hello to all! I look forward to learning and sharing here.

Cheers!

01-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to Pentax Forums...
01-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Forum Member

Welcome to the madness Debb! I think many of us here cut our teeth on Prosumers (mine was/is an FZ20), but ran into similar frustrations.
01-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Panache Quote
I once said that I would never buy a digital SLR. I was perfectly happy with my prosumer Fuji, but...........
after struggling with low light for too long, I decided to take the plunge. I have researched and researched and researched [you get the picture] for almost a year and finally decided to go PENTAX!! I am a total Pentax virgin having owned my K110 for just a few days. Actually, I am awaiting the K100, but until Future Shop gets more in, I am using the K110. So far, I'm thrilled with the results!

I particularily enjoy shooting Macro. I don't have a macro lens, but I use three +1, +2, +3 diopter close-up filters which usually give me some great results. I haven't tried them yet on the Pentax, but I'm hoping for some good shots!

My hubby is in a band and I often take pics at his gigs. I didn't have much success with my old Fuji. I also shoot dance recitals once or twice a year so I will be needing a faster lens for those instances.

I used to use a Canon tLB film SLR back in the 70s, so I'm not a stranger to SLRs, but the new digital technology intrigues me and inspires me to learn more! I don't understand the technical side of lenses, so I look forward to learning more about them here.

I am a TOTAL tech junkie. I just received a Wacom tablet for Christmas and I'm anxious to use it with Photoshop. I love designing frames, borders, brushes, templates, etc. in Photoshop and look forward to using the Wacom for easier creativity!

Hello to all! I look forward to learning and sharing here.

Cheers!
Hi fellow ontarian!

isn't this awesome weather we are getting? If is going to be 12C here near Barrie tommorrow

welcome to the forum!

you are going to appreciate the SR on the k100 for photos of your husband in his band. It really helps
I also want to try out macro when the spring gets here.....
as far as the wacom tablet goes, I have owned the wacom intros 2 for a couple of years and use it with PS.... it really make a huge difference with retourching work. It is hard to get used to for some people.... my wife gave up on it. once you get control of the pen and its movements on the monitor, you will wonder how you ever lived without it! (I have the same opinion with dual monitor setup with photoshop.... use the main monitor only for the photo, and drag all the windows, ect to the second monitor)

looking forward to some of you work

cheers

randy

01-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums! Since I joined up, I've been noticing a TON of Canadians hopping on board. If you need help with lenses, take a look through the lens discussion area and don't hesitate to look through the DSLR discussion areas too - sometimes a lens discussion accidentally pops up in there too.

Can't wait to see your work with the Pentax as well as your Wacom!
« Intro | Hello »