Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Israel

Hi,

I am an ex-pat (formerly UK) living in Israel.

I just received my eagerly awaited K-30. My brother, who is currently visiting from the States, brought it with him. I ordered the K-30 + 18-135 kit from Amazon (Emmy Photo) and the 55-300 from B&H. I have previously owned Nikon D50/80/90/5100/7000 and then switched to a Canon 7D for a while. The 7D was too heavy and too noisy, so instead of automatically going back to Nikon, I looked around and the K-30 ticked all the boxes, so I thought why not give it a try! An now the bad news...The 18-135 lens that came with the kit simply refuses to focus. I know that it is a lens-related problem because the 55-300 that I also bought works perfectly. That means I have to send it back to the States with my brother and wait for someone to come out with the replacement. And for those of you who are wondering: Pentax is available in Israel, but because of its rarity here, it costs twice the price as it does in the States. Not a good start, but here's hoping that the lens will be replaced promptly!

Charlton.

12-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #2

Welcome Charlton,

Nice to meet you as I am also new here but I am also quite new to digital photography so lots to learn and enjoy too, sorry to hear about the problems with the lens I know how you feel it's so disappointing when something you are so looking forward to doesn't either turn up or work when it does. For me it was the Camera which is the K5 I brought home from the store only to see when I opened it was a used one with quite a bit missing out of the box, it's been sort edge now but I am still waiting for the replacement to arrive.
Anyways welcome again and take care, be sure to enjoy taking the photos.

Kindest regards

Billy
12-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Pentax Family.
12-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and another ex-pat (US) ... Enjoy PF and post often - J