Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New in California

Hello! Just ordered an older Pentax 645N from Keh... am really looking forward to getting back to medium-format photography after about 40 years. Retired recently, and find myself moving from digital back to film. Actually, a hybrid... I'll be using a small Olympus XZ-1 as a monochrome previewer, and bringing hi-res color negative film scans back into my PC for editing.

It is hard to put into words, but I get real pleasure from older film cameras, the ones without autofocus... they are much simpler than digital cameras... far fewer controls, and no menus. They are larger, heavier, and just feel better to me. And, I don't ever have to upgrade!

Looking forward to being part of this forum,

Jon

12-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
film