Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #1

Greetings and Merry Christmas. New to the forum. Been thinking for a while to upgrade from my iphone camera and my Fugifilm waterproof camera to a dslr camera, my first. After an extensive comparison I settled on a Pentax k-30. Currently debating which lens to get, a kit or aftermarket. Probably settle on the 18-135, mostly because of the WR qualities and the all in one lens approach. Still very raw on the subject. Hoping to learn a bit.

12-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and enjoy your new DSLR - J
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Maromero Quote
Greetings and Merry Christmas. New to the forum. Been thinking for a while to upgrade from my iphone camera and my Fugifilm waterproof camera to a dslr camera, my first. After an extensive comparison I settled on a Pentax k-30. Currently debating which lens to get, a kit or aftermarket. Probably settle on the 18-135, mostly because of the WR qualities and the all in one lens approach. Still very raw on the subject. Hoping to learn a bit.
Welcome Romero, Great choice of cameras. I have the 18-135 along with other lens, but the 18-135 stays on the camera as it is a decent ready to shoot lens in many situations Looking forward to seeing your work with the Pentax and please show what you have done with the Fuji. Don't turn your back on the Fuji as it makes a very good pocket camera on those occasions when the dslr is just too big/intrusive. Shoot and post frequently. Cliff
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
These are from my iPhone. My wife handles the Fujifilm

Attached Images

12-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Maromero Quote
These are from my iPhone. My wife handles the Fujifilm
Romero, these go to prove/reinforce the notion it is the photographer, given the right equipment can deliver very good results.The iphone does deliver. Nice series and now some pics from old SAN JUAN. Cliff
12-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Romero, these go to prove/reinforce the notion it is the photographer, given the right equipment can deliver very good results.The iphone does deliver. Nice series and now some pics from old SAN JUAN. Cliff
Thanks. Here is a link to a Facebook page which has many pictures of historic buildings, many from Old San Juan. I shure enjoy it and think that so would you. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Puerto-Rico-Historic-Building-Drawings-Soc...45605908845156

As for my pictures of Old San Juan, I only have very few from a day cut short by rain. These are with the Fujifilm camera.
Attached Images

12-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #7

Just saying hi from one newbie to another.

I really dig those two flower shots. Perhaps I should "invest" in an iPhone instead of all this photo gear which doesn't even do text messages!

Can't wait to see what you do with the new SLR.

Cheers,
-matt
12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wraith Quote
Just saying hi from one newbie to another.

I really dig those two flower shots. Perhaps I should "invest" in an iPhone instead of all this photo gear which doesn't even do text messages!

Can't wait to see what you do with the new SLR.

Cheers,
-matt
For close up shots, the iphone camera is really good! Those where taken with an iphone 4. I hear the iphone 4S and 5 have a better camera and the upcoming 5S is supposed to be considerably better than it's predecessor. Those are not touched up or processed in any way. Just point, tap the screen for focus and click! I really think there was no technical knowledge or doing from my part to capture the images, except maybe the foresight in thinking "That might be a good picture." Then again, there are hundreds or thousands of digital pictures in my computer that are not as flatering to the photographer as those two. :-)