Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Help: Long time lurker first time poster, tamrom 17-50 2.8 vs sigma f2.8 for low ligh

First time poster, long time lurker. Just ordered a K5 from Adorama. My dilema is I am shooting a party on New years,It will be low light bar setting with lazers. Its an electronic music party. I have yet to order a lens. I wish to get either the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens or Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens. I have read endless reviews but still unsure. I would assume i would be shooting mostly f2.8. Please respond with advice and recomendations if you have experience with these lenses in similar situations.

Last edited by monkclothing; 12-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Would I be better off posting in another section of this forum? If so, which section?
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monkclothing Quote
Would I be better off posting in another section of this forum? If so, which section?
Hello, you might be better to try the Pentax SLR Lens discussion forum. Also have a look at the lens review section for the two lenses, the reveiws give an idea of what owners actually think of their lenses which can be useful input to your decision
12-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monkclothing Quote
First time poster, long time lurker. Just ordered a K5 from Adorama. My dilema is I am shooting a party on New years,It will be low light bar setting with lazers. Its an electronic music party. I have yet to order a lens. I wish to get either the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens or Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Lens. I have read endless reviews but still unsure. I would assume i would be shooting mostly f2.8. Please respond with advice and recomendations if you have experience with these lenses in similar situations.
I take it you've read the comparative review already?
DA* 16-50mm vs. Sigma and Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 Comparison - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Basically the bottom line is the Sigma gives you the best IQ, the Tamron is the best value, and the Pentax has weather sealing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I take it you've read the comparative review already?
DA* 16-50mm vs. Sigma and Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 Comparison - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Basically the bottom line is the Sigma gives you the best IQ, the Tamron is the best value, and the Pentax has weather sealing.
Ya I have read the review. I appreciate your concise breakdown. Definately leaning towards the Sigma.