Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #1

So happy to join your bunch!

Hi y'all!

Started browsing your great web-site as I was getting some lenses. I have a K7 and just added a K5 (new for $750!} and couldn't be more thrilled! (Have to tell u I decided on the K7 just by going to the store and picking up several different brands to see how they felt....)

Back in the dinosaur age I used to have a lot of fun with my Olympus 01, and later the Olympus 10. I am a professional violinist and orchestra / opera conductor, and am now gradually moving into semi-retirement... altho they say conductors never stop... probably when i'm six feet under, you'll still see my stick beating 3/4 through the ground. Plan to do lots of shooting up in the Catskills where I am redoing a bungalow. Wouldn't it be cool if the first verified siting of a mountain lion in that area were caught on a Pentax?

I live in Manhattan and was interested to see what a world wide network you have at this Forum. Saw some posts from Ukraine; I conducted there quite often. Too bad I didn't have my K5 then because some of their opera houses were quite stunning.

Anyway, am glad to be aboard and thank you all ahead of time for the opportunity to learn and take part. When I get some interesting shots, will post.

Am proud to call myself a Pentaxian!

12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Welcome to the Forums
My first job was in Memphis.
Thanks and glad to be part of the family.
12-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome, sounds like you and your K's will make beautiful music together.

Be careful or this forum will cause you to spend your retirement money.

12-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by phantomfantom Quote
Hi y'all!

Started browsing your great web-site as I was getting some lenses. I have a K7 and just added a K5 (new for $750!} and couldn't be more thrilled! (Have to tell u I decided on the K7 just by going to the store and picking up several different brands to see how they felt....)

Back in the dinosaur age I used to have a lot of fun with my Olympus 01, and later the Olympus 10. I am a professional violinist and orchestra / opera conductor, and am now gradually moving into semi-retirement... altho they say conductors never stop... probably when i'm six feet under, you'll still see my stick beating 3/4 through the ground. Plan to do lots of shooting up in the Catskills where I am redoing a bungalow. Wouldn't it be cool if the first verified siting of a mountain lion in that area were caught on a Pentax?

I live in Manhattan and was interested to see what a world wide network you have at this Forum. Saw some posts from Ukraine; I conducted there quite often. Too bad I didn't have my K5 then because some of their opera houses were quite stunning.

Anyway, am glad to be aboard and thank you all ahead of time for the opportunity to learn and take part. When I get some interesting shots, will post.

Am proud to call myself a Pentaxian!
Welcome!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Welcome, sounds like you and your K's will make beautiful music together.

Be careful or this forum will cause you to spend your retirement money.
Ha ha and thanks! I will try to resist reading too much about all the new gadgets of the future.... ever more and more sharpness is not all there is, right? Heifetz could make a cigar box sound like a Strad :-)
12-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #7

Welcome, I've also got a K7, and have spent a little time with a violin in hand as well.
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 300mag-hunter Quote
Welcome, I've also got a K7, and have spent a little time with a violin in hand as well.
Hi 300 mag-hunter.

I'm guessing by the time difference u are on the west coast.... nice to hear someone else listened to A440 before every practice!