Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #1

Newbie to Pentax forum

Hello
I currently have a Pentax SF1 coupled with a 50mm SMC F 1.7 , Sigma 70-210AF and Tokina 28-70AF. Have used Pentax since 1989. Prior to that I was a Miranda Rf user(still have it) Also have an Ilford sportmatic. Old stuff!!!
I use a number of P&S digital cameras but I will start looking to upgrade to the K30 but keep the lenses. I think the three lenses will work on the K 30? Correct me if I am wrong. looking forward to going from P&S back to DSLR. There is
also a AF240FT flash but not sure if that will work on a DSLR. .
I do my own printing and am currently converting lots of slides to digital. A slow process. However, being retired I have lots of time.

12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sandylns Quote
Hello
I currently have a Pentax SF1 coupled with a 50mm SMC F 1.7 , Sigma 70-210AF and Tokina 28-70AF. Have used Pentax since 1989. Prior to that I was a Miranda Rf user(still have it) Also have an Ilford sportmatic. Old stuff!!!
I use a number of P&S digital cameras but I will start looking to upgrade to the K30 but keep the lenses. I think the three lenses will work on the K 30? Correct me if I am wrong. looking forward to going from P&S back to DSLR. There is
also a AF240FT flash but not sure if that will work on a DSLR. .
I do my own printing and am currently converting lots of slides to digital. A slow process. However, being retired I have lots of time.
Welcome aboard! Your lenses will work fine (in AF mode and with full compatibility with all shooting modes). The flash will also work, but only in full manual mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks Adam for the welcome and information. I did think the lenses would be OK but I am glad I can use the flash, albeit in manual. I will purchase a new flash, eventually.
In the mean time I am hoping that the Christmas sales will bring a decent price to the K30 here in Canada.
Cross border shopping is not the answer, especially when you add custom charges. I have shopped at both B&H and Adorama, good places to deal with by the way, but Revenue Canada just
kills you with both taxes and paperwork.
I run a business from home and deal with them fairly often and, after forty years, am still not terribly impressed.