Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New to pentax :)

Hi Everyone,

I am a Sony Nex-5N shooter, and got a Pentax K-5 during the black Friday sales for $699. I decided it wasn't worth it for me to pay around $250 (on sale) for a viewfinder for my NEX, and instead decided to use the money towards a new camera. I was originally interested in getting the Nikon D7000, but after reading comparisons I couldn't resist getting a K-5 at that price.

I also picked up the Rokinon 35mm F/1.4 Lens for $369 (which I can also use on my NEX) but unfortunately missed out on the half price Black Friday deals on Pentax lenses. I was sorry to find out about the lens pricing problems pentax users are facing, and am planning on signing the petition.

I like my NEX-5N, but haven't really cared for lack of firmware updates, expensive accessories, and few native lenses. I use quite a few manual lenses with it. I also wanted a camera with a viewfinder

My Dad used to use a pentax way back when, so I'm planning on using his M42 mount Pentax 50mm super takumar and Vivitar 135mm f2.8. (I've been using them on my NEX) I didn't realize pentax seems to have discontinued their m42 adaptor(?). I'm going to get the adapter from SRB-Griturn, since prices on ebay for the genuine pentax ones are nuts. I had hoped to get the adapter before Christmas.

Here are a few photo's I've taken. I haven't added many recently.
http://500px.com/BrianL1

I don't have my K-5 yet. I'm really looking forward to using it, and hoping to take lots of pictures of my cousins' baby with it and the Rokinon 35mm during Christmas!

Last edited by Douge; 12-16-2012 at 02:52 PM.
12-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the to have you on board with us.
12-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Nd hope you enjoy the forum. The K-5 is a great tool.