Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #1

Return to the fold

Greetings

Whilst new to Pentax digital, I am not new to Pentax, have bought bought my first Pentax [MX] back in the last century! As I like walking I wanted a dSLR that was rugged, dependable and above all weatherproof, I had no desire to be saddled with a 'canikon' that weighed a ton and cost a small fortune, that had similar specs.

So I bought the K5, in the short time that I have been using it, I have not been disappointed sample images attached.

Cheers

Attached Images

12-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by macabee Quote
Greetings

Whilst new to Pentax digital, I am not new to Pentax, have bought bought my first Pentax [MX] back in the last century! As I like walking I wanted a dSLR that was rugged, dependable and above all weatherproof, I had no desire to be saddled with a 'canikon' that weighed a ton and cost a small fortune, that had similar specs.

So I bought the K5, in the short time that I have been using it, I have not been disappointed sample images attached.

Cheers
Welcome back to the fold Mac. A great series, which lens? I was wondering where, until I saw the white clffs then the pillbox came as a surprise. First guess, near Dover. Is the interior open as it might make a different perspective shot. Thanks for sharing. Maybe post some scans from your film days..........Cliff
12-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great images. I think you've chosen one of the best cameras available and should give you great service for years to come. Welcome to the forum.
12-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Welcome back to the fold Mac. A great series, which lens? I was wondering where, until I saw the white clffs then the pillbox came as a surprise. First guess, near Dover. Is the interior open as it might make a different perspective shot. Thanks for sharing. Maybe post some scans from your film days..........Cliff
Thanks for your comments. Actually the cliffs are the 'Seven Sisters' taken from Cuckmere in East Sussex, the chairs and the pier are Eastbourne, where I reside on the sunny south coast.

Surprisingly all images were taken with the 18-55 kit lens, which I do find satisfactory for what appeals to me, street and landscape photography.

Regards

12-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #5

Original Poster
Cuckmere where the pillbox is situated was considered a probable landing site should an invasion of Britain have occurred in WWII, a couple of images to illustrate this.

Image #1 Tank traps
Image #2 Group of pillboxes
Attached Images