Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #1

Hello

Well, new here but not to Pentax. I'm from the Netherlands, 28 years old. My first camera I ever had was a minolta. With my 16th birthday 12.5 years ago I did get a Pentax as my minolta broke down after falling into the water during camp in Belgium. I work as professional and also do voluntary work as photographer for a company that gives work, places to live etc. for people with a disability. I take photo's for them for a magazine for their clients and I help other people to learn photographing products made by other clients which they sell. I photograph myself for families, other kind of portraits, party's, landscapes, animals, some city photographing. Well, believe almost everything. I'm into macro photographing.

My dad always used Pentax, so that's the main reason they gave me a Pentax all those years ago. My first SLR camera was a Samsung GX1l due to the price and the possibilities for using digital Pentax lenses on the camera, if I ever needed a new SLR camera, I could stay with Pentax as I always loved my analogue Pentax camera and it would save me money on all those extra new lenses.

Now in 2012, I bought a Pentax K5 last summer and a few years ago a K200.

So my SLR list is as follow:

Samsung GX1L
Pentax K200
Pentax K5.

Analogue camera's, both with a 50mm 1:2 lens:

Pentax ME asahi (1976)
Pentax A3000 Date (1984)

Other lenses in my collection:

Samsung 18-55MM(digital)
Pentax 18-55MM(digital)
Pentax 35-80MM(Digital)
Sigma 70-300MM(digital)

Panagor 80-200MM 1:3.8 (analogue) with a panagor auto 2x PK PMC tele converter.
2x Pentax-m 1:2 50MM(analogue).

My K200 and a 70MM Tokina analogue lens are at my dad as he wanted to photograph more again so he could borrow my K200 to start again with before buying an expensive camera he doesn't know how it works.

All lenses still being used on my K200 and K5. For the analogue lenses on the K200 or K5 are mainly used for landscape photographing, but depends on the time I've got. More time left for myself means use them or if I've got an hour I'll take my digital lenses with me. The Samsung is still in my collection but barely using it any more.

12-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi Khashoggi, and welcome.
As I'm sure you know, there are many film users here, so if you ever decide to go back, there's plenty of help available, should you need it.
When it comes your lenses, there's a whole world of primes for you to explore, as well. Enjoy your time here.
Rob
12-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
I think there are still film users every where!

And for the lenses, well, until 300MM I'm kinda complete. So won't explore anything until that. Not sure if I would buy anything else new. Maybe in the future a bigger lens. But I'm not really positive about lenses bigger then 300-400MM.
12-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for your introduction and welcome to the forum ... post us some images sometime soon ... J