Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

New England

This will be a new addition to my artwork, after many years i have replaced my pentax fs-1 with a k7
lets see how well it goes. I will be sailing Lake Champlain throughout the year.

Uwe

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
G'zOne ROCK  Photo 
12-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, the image quality is fantastic on the K7 especially when comparing it to the 2.0-megapixel camera on the Casio G'zOne Rock, enjoy.
12-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you, this will be a bit of a new experience for me. I am an old school film shooter and after many years and the midsize of Kodac ,i felt its time to upgrade to the 21st century.
Im most interested in how my old lenses perform and what i have to relearn.
12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Uwe! I think you'll enjoy getting used to digital, and all your years of film shooting will be a real plus. Have fun!

12-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #5

Original Poster
Pentax k7, I consider myself a good armature photographer and use my Pentax k7 for my art ideas. The k7 was a replacement for my old k1 film camera, It took over 3 years of research to replace the film camera with the SLR and my final choice was lenses compatibility. I'm old school I like to set my f stops and aperture setting myself , so this is a very large learning curve for me ,one that is going to take many years from what i can see. Now we are already discussing the k-5ll , and im still quite proud and getting comfortable with the k7. First the green settings are nice since my family likes the feel of the camera and always wants to take photos of friends with it , just set it to green and have at it. You can do this with any camera but once you pick up the Pentax compared the some other models it seems mine always walks the party room. For me i like the great versatility of taking it outdoors and on my boat on the lake. Water resistant is a must for outdoor shooting, i bought the Meike aftermarket battery handle and im very pleased with it , the quality is good. It does make the camera quite heavy, but the extra battery life is almost a must for a day of outdoor shooting in the winter. It will be many years before this Pentax gets replaced by an upgrade for my use so until we get a major breakthrough from Pentax this choice will be my best friend for a while .I would like to see a heads up display mounted where the flash unit goes, a better way to cover the eye cap, and a remote that works more than 4 feet with a lockup, unteathered. Abetter users manual and a complete software rework would be great.

Thanks ,just my thoughts