Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Singapore Member

A very kind colleague loaned me his K-x because I was trying to decide if I should upgrade from a mirrorless 4/3 compact and I wanted a sense of what I was gaining/losing by actually trying one out (any DSLR would do). Perhaps fortunately for me it was a Pentax K-x which is pretty accessible for a guy like me. I really loved it right away especially the added perspectives it gave to my photographs.

Started out with the kit lens 18-55mm then tried out a 50mm prime manual focus (that was a tad difficult to handle though I enjoyed the learning/experience). Started working with fully automatic mode, beginning now to be a little more creative with manual and semi-automatic modes.

I'm really more of an outdoors guy, love to be outside in the weather both good and bad, capturing the unusual and novel. So feel like am already stretching the limits of the K-x body w/18-55mm lens and I get really anxious about causing damage to a camera through excessive dust, humidity, heat and rain (for now, maybe winter snows later).

So I think eventually I'd like to buy a K-30 body, w/18-135mm WR kit lens. Appreciate any tips or advise you can offer and -- time permitting, hope to be a regular member here.

Last edited by Pewter; 07-29-2014 at 08:52 AM.
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us here!