Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Coming Home to Pentax

Hello! This is a homecoming of sorts. My very first 35mm camera was an ME Super that I loved. Sadly I dropped it on a mountain summit in Northern Japan years ago. I then dabbled in other cameras settling on Canons for awhile. Now I'm coming home with a brand new K-5 II on the way from B&H (due here this week - Merry Christmas to me! ) I'm very stoked about having a Pentax again and am looking forward to the knowledge and ideas from folks in this forum!

Scott
NoVA (USA)

12-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back Scott, I know you'll be pleased with your new K-5 II
12-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Forum Member

Hey, Rhum. Sounds like your ME Super went to its final resting place where it was initially conceived. I bought my wife an ME Super before we were married. She loved that camera.... as long as she didn't take it off of Auto. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new camera - either the K-5 II or the IIs. I'd be very interested to hear about your experience with the K-5 II and, to know which lens(es) you're using with it.
12-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome (back) and enjoy the forum - J

12-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SlamDesiAK Quote
Hey, Rhum. Sounds like your ME Super went to its final resting place where it was initially conceived. I bought my wife an ME Super before we were married. She loved that camera.... as long as she didn't take it off of Auto. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new camera - either the K-5 II or the IIs. I'd be very interested to hear about your experience with the K-5 II and, to know which lens(es) you're using with it.
Hi Slam,

Yes it did. MANY moons ago. :-) ill let you know what I think of the camera and so forth once Christmas arrives. That was the bargain, you see, I could buy my new camera outfit but it had to go under the tree. LOL
12-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome (back) and enjoy the forum - J
Merci Jean!
12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rhum Runner Quote
Hi Slam,

Yes it did. MANY moons ago. :-) ill let you know what I think of the camera and so forth once Christmas arrives. That was the bargain, you see, I could buy my new camera outfit but it had to go under the tree. LOL
Yo, Rhum... I like the purchasing angle of holding off until Christmas to bust it open. I'm kind of in the same boat in that, since I operate my own graphic arts biz, if I buy it at the end of December, I've got a business expense to write off AND a Christmas present. Not like having money in the pocket but, my brand of voodoo economics works for me. Ha! I've gone back and forth from deciding on the K-5II then, I'm leaning towards the K-5IIs and then back again. I'm driving myself nuts.