Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #1

Hello everybody and merry Christmas greetings from Germany!

Hello,

I just want to introduce myself: My name is Holger, I come from Germany and I use Pentax cameras for approx. 30 years now. Actually I own a K5 and a K10D. I like nature and landscape photography - but actually my family is on the other side of the lens most of the times (I have a wife and two little daughters).

Best wishes
Holger

12-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Holger. Good to have you here. It's only natural to have your family as your most popular subjects for your photos. People are the most interesting things to photograph. Hope you enjoy this fine forum.
12-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and Merry Christmas, Holger! I have been using Pentax almost as many years as you have. My first Pentax was an LX, which I still have! It's nice to be able to use the same lenses on my digital cameras after all these years. Best wishes to you and your "models" (family).
12-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Forum Member

Wie gehts, Holder. My dad was born in Austria yet, I ich spreche nicht Deutsche. Which Pentax do you shoot with. My first was a Honeywell Spotmatic F. I wish I still had it.

12-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SlamDesiAK Quote
Wie gehts, Holder. My dad was born in Austria yet, I ich spreche nicht Deutsche. Which Pentax do you shoot with. My first was a Honeywell Spotmatic F. I wish I still had it.
Hello SlamDesiAK,

thank you for your reply! I bought a Pentax ME with the standard 50 mm 1.7 lens when I was about 15 years old. In the church my parents went to (and same for many protestant christians) you are baptised as child and learn the christian basics at the age of 14-15 to become part of the christian church in a ceremony called "Konfirmation". For many children this is the first time they get a little bit more money from relatives and friends of the family. Many of my friends bought little motorcycles or music equipment - and I bought my ME. I still have it. I also have the Super A I liked a lot. Did a lot of macro photography with it. Then I bought a MZ5N. I bought it with a 28-200 mm Pentax lens and it was camera I did not fell in love with. The quality of the lens was not so nice and it was a period in my live when photography was not so important.
My first step into digital photography was not a Pentax but a Olympus - the C5050. I really liked that camera. The quality was very good - but 5MP was not too much.

With the K10D I came back to Pentax and was glad I could use all my old lenses. The K5 was the next big step. The K5 is such a nice camera and it is really professional equipment. Last week it fell down from approx. 1 meter hight to a stone ground. The glas cover of the lcd screen fell off (it ist damaged but I could put it into place, again) and the door of the SD card opend. I could close the SD card door - switch on the camera and go on taking photos with it. That's what I expect from professional equipment.