Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #1

Alexandria – Another Old Pentax Guy

Alexandria – Another Old Pentax Guy

Hello. I expect to learn much from the experience and knowledge presented on this board. Thanks in advance.

I just received a new Pentax K-01 and I am experiencing a rather steep learning curve.

I have an assortment of new and old lenses: a new 35 mm bought with the new K-01, and screw-mount lenses, a 135 mm, a 35-70 mm, a 50 mm (f1.4) and a 35 mm wide angle. My first SLR was a Spotmatic, which I bought new in 1969 in Japan and a second Spotmatic body that I got about 10 years later in Hong Kong. I have been very satisfied with my cameras and have numerous slides and prints (color and monochrome) created with these. Now I am attempting to undertake a conversion to digital format.

I would like any suggestions and directions that will assist in using my M42-adapted lenses.

(Apologies to Old Pentax Guy in Annapolis; I really liked his introduction)

12-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

The first thing you should do is read this article: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
It explains a few basic things about using m42 lenses. It was written for dslr cameras like k-x & k-7 but as far as I know should be applicable to k-01 although not sure if the menu structure is the same.

Next visit the Takumar club: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/31601-takumar-club.html for all things m42. Some folks there do simply incredible work with lenses that might be older than some of them are.

If you have questions or need help just ask, this is a relatively friendly forum. Please try to put your questions in the correct forum area as you will get faster and better answers that way.
12-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Good stuff. Yes, these forums are a pretty good resource for technical questions and even some photo sharing.
The K-01 gets pretty easy to use once you figure out where all the stuff is Also, there is a firmware update that you can try sometime - it improves the AF.