Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Just arrived

New Forum user but long time viewer. Have had numerous Pentax Cameras. Currently a K5. Have my PZ1P sitting on a shelf not knowing what to do with it. Retired now but at one time used a Pentax film camera (their first AF Model - in early 80's) in conjunction with my biz and averaged about 250 shots per week. Use K5 for fun only. Formerly from Central/Northern NJ; now on the SW Coast of Florida. Most interested in Landscape, nature, wildlife. Not as good at it as I would like but keep trying. Have numerous lenses. Started with 2 lenses SMC Pentax - F Zoom 35- 70 and the 70-210. Still have both. They may be oldies but are goodies. (like me). I'm incline to hold on to something when I buy it. Still have and use my SMC Pentax-FA 1:4-5.6 28-105 Power Zoom. Use it on manual zoom. Sigma 70-300. Sigma 10-20 F3.5.. Pentax Prime 50mm f1.4. Great lens that I don't use enough. Do a lot of traveling. Also use a Panasonic Lumix LX5. Great little addition. Just tried to add a Tamron 18-200 Zoom but my K-5 did not like it. Tried 2 of them and had to send both back to B&H. Could not get them to auto focus between 18-35mm in the light?! about 90% of the time would just not work. Only lens I ever had any real problem with. I will not bore you with other lenses I have. I had a bad experience with my first DSLR. The Pentax Dist. Was not very old but the sensor stopped working. . Pentax said it could not be repaired. Really pissed and said I was done with Pentax and fancy cameras. In Sept. I was on a trip west. Utah and all points around it. Great stuff to shoot and it drove me nuts seeing others with good gear getting great shots and me with a crappy P&S. The day I got home I ordered the K5. I had been missing something in my arsenal. That's why I tried the Tamron 18-200. Wanted one all around lens when limited in what I could carry. I have now ordered (with some concerns) the Pentax 18-135mm despite some poor reviews. I wanted at least one WR lens to go with the K5. We get lotsa humidity in SW Florida and have our rainy season. Spend mucho time on and around the water. Going on an 11 day cruise next week to the southern Carib and plan to take the new lens along as my go-to-lens. Fingers crossed. Well as Bugs Bunny always says, "That's all Folks"

Last edited by WizBird; 12-27-2012 at 06:16 AM.
12-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us.
12-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard WizBird, cool monicker.