Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

Greetings from the right coast

Hi fellow Pentaxers.
I've been using Pentax equipment since the mid eighties. Just went digital with the K100DSuper. Pleased so far but was disappointed when I found out I couldn't use my very capable Pentax AF280T flash. At least I haven't figured out to do it yet! I am trying to decide betweeen the AF 360 and the AF 540 flashes. It looks like the only thing I would be missing on the 360 is the ability to swivel (which I had on my 280T). There are also many complaints written about problems with the 540 hot shoe connection and the zoom being stuck right out of the box. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

02-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. The 540 troubles all seem to be due to a "safety" pin in the mount that gets jammed in the little hole in the hot shoe, and the flash won't come off. The best solution I read (I have not yet decided on which flash to buy) is to simply use a drop of glue to keep the pin in the flash from coming down. If you search the accessories forum for "flash" you should be able to find a thread.
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another NJ person