Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #1

New K-30 owner, but not new to Pentax

Good afternoon, Pentax folks! I picked up a K-30 in early December from B&H. Great folks, great service, by the way. I'm loving it so far, but it's not my first Pentax, though. I started into SLR photography with my dad's H1a early in my teens. Fast forward 30yrs, and I'm now moving back into SLR photography after being a P&S guy for a long time.

I'm thrilled with the K-30. I picked it up with the 18-55WR lens, and added the 50-200WR to my purchase, as well. B&H had some great deals at the time. I've been using it in a variety of situations so far, from high ISO shots of my daughter in "The Nutcracker" to broad daylight shots around the house and yard. In the three weeks I've had it, I'm up to about 2200 shots so far. Some of those were test/delete shots, but I'm snapping pics everywhere I can. Performance has been excellent with both lenses. I'd like to get a longer zoom at some point, to do some wildlife shooting, but in the meantime I'm hoping to catch a local red-tailed hawk sitting on his favorite power line over the Christmas break. Looking forward to finding tips and tricks here on the forum.

12-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dubyam Quote
Good afternoon, Pentax folks! I picked up a K-30 in early December from B&H. Great folks, great service, by the way. I'm loving it so far, but it's not my first Pentax, though. I started into SLR photography with my dad's H1a early in my teens. Fast forward 30yrs, and I'm now moving back into SLR photography after being a P&S guy for a long time.

I'm thrilled with the K-30. I picked it up with the 18-55WR lens, and added the 50-200WR to my purchase, as well. B&H had some great deals at the time. I've been using it in a variety of situations so far, from high ISO shots of my daughter in "The Nutcracker" to broad daylight shots around the house and yard. In the three weeks I've had it, I'm up to about 2200 shots so far. Some of those were test/delete shots, but I'm snapping pics everywhere I can. Performance has been excellent with both lenses. I'd like to get a longer zoom at some point, to do some wildlife shooting, but in the meantime I'm hoping to catch a local red-tailed hawk sitting on his favorite power line over the Christmas break. Looking forward to finding tips and tricks here on the forum.
Welcome aboard, and I'm happy to hear that you like the K-30!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: