Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #1

New in New Jersey

I just joined the forum, and am looking forward to learning about digital photography here. My first camera was a Wirgin Edixa stereo that used 35mm slide film. (I bought it at Olden Camera in NYC in 1971!!!) Then in 1986 I bought a Pentax Program Plus with a 50mm Pentax-A lens, then got a 35mm Pentax-A lens, a 135mm Pentax-M lens, and a Vivitar 28-70mm zoom lens. I have gotten great pictures from this camera.

I also have a Rollei 35SE (a wonderful compact 35mm camera), a TDC Stereovivid camera, and also used, briefly, a Minox 'spy' camera that I found not so rewarding. A few years ago I bought a Nikon Coolpix L3, but it's starting to fail, and I have spent much time researching what to get next. I posted a question about this on the Yahoo digital photography group, and someone suggested buying a used camera body and lens. I had no idea that my old Pentax lenses could still be used! The same person suggested that I join this group. He said there aren't many Pentax owners over there. So at this point I'm reading about the various features that the Pentax DSLRs have. Lots to learn!

Peter

12-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Peter, glad you decided to join us.
12-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Peter, one of the nice features of Pentax DSLRs is that they are backward compatible with old k-mount lenses, also others if there is a k-mount adaptor available. If you haven't bought one yet the K5 which was the flagship model, till recently is at a wonderfully low price at the moment. The newer model K5II, is mostly an enhanced featured version of it for added money.