Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
6th year of shooting, finally moved to SLR

Hi everyone. I was a bridge camera for about 5 years, (powershot G10 from 2007 + eventually CHDK) and made the jump to DSLR early 2012. I spent about a year comparing and shopping around, and reading Tim Bray's writing on his experience with Pentax cameras and lenses is what sold me on pentax gear.

In 2012, I think I have shot more than in the last 5 years combined. Started with a K-7, picked up a ME Super and Super Program, and just picked up a K-01, for the portability. In the meantime, I have also racked up a small collection of older primes, a couple DA Limited, and a couple of MF Zooms (both KA and KM).

Some of my best shots this year have been with just the DA 16-55 WR kit lens, but I've been extremely happy too with some shots taken with the K-7 with the DA 50mm 1.4, and also a much older manual 135mm 2.8. It's been a real blast, and I think I might be getting to the point where I'd like to share.

In short, I think I'll just leave this here. I've lurked for about 6 months on here, and these forums have helped me learn a ton. Thanks to all of you!

12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. Fantastic shot!

I've only been at this since October, but so far my best shot was also taken with the kit lens. It's easy to hate on the kit lens, but that thing can hold its own
12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They should have a challenge for all those who think they can pick the kit lenses from the more expensive versions. I have been very impressed with the 18-55 that others have demonstrated as above. How about a "pick the lens" contest?