Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from LA

Well, I was getting used to using my iPhone as my only camera after my K100 stopped working... I tend to go the Hipstamatic route, and most people are happy with the results (You know how that goes).

We looked into fixing the K100 (the af sensor needs replacing) but the cost seemed too much to part with right now, so I decided to wait till after my tax return next year.

But we have a baby due in February, and I think my wife wanted to ensure we had lots of good photographs of the new arrival,because on Christmas I discovered that she'd gone ahead and bought me a K5.

As you can imagine, the transition from the K100 to the K5 has been a lot of fun. Of course, it's really kind of a switch from the iPhone 4S to the K5 since my K100 has been down for so long. I have lots to learn and look forward to learning from this forum.

12-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! The K-5 is a pretty big upgrade over the K100D. Expect it to deliver much better IQ

If you have any questions as you make the transition, don't hesitate to post!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: