Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Germany

A warm Hello from Germany. My name is Stefan, living in Bonn and sometimes Berlin. I used to shoot on travel, some fashion (the knitwear collection designed by my wife) and some theatre group using a Canon 5DII with alternative lenses adapted like Leica-R and Contax-Zeiss. When the 5DIII arrived I was annoyed by the fact that the sensor wasn't improved that much and that there is still noise in the shadows. So to upgrade I would have needed to buy a Nikon D800, a Leica M or a Hassy. Quite expensive with all the lenses that would be adequate to these sensors.
Then I found this great brand which I wasn't quite aware of because I started fotografing only a few years ago in the digital era. The 645D was bought used and a bunch of lenses were added. The massive improvement in image quality alongside with weather sealing and robustness and usability is what it takes for me.

Please feel free to check out my website: Hawi's Photoblog
At present only the section music is filled with pics of the Pentax, the rest is still from the 5D, but this bug will be corrected in the near future.

Best wishes

Stefan

12-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Stefan.
Good to have you here.
Excellent mini testimony on the virtues of shooting with the 645D. Congrats and well done on improving your photography with the right gear for the job.
01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
arent these ferienwohnung pictures from these buildings in dovestrasse !? ... my wife wanted to see how it looks inside ^^

but i really cant figure out what i said about the sensor in the 5d mk3.
first i thought that the d800 is the new "hotshot" but since lowlight photography is very importent to me i was shocked when i compared the iso shots of d800 and mk3 .. the low light performance of the canon is splendid and a improvement over the mk2.

what bugs me on the 645D is the 1.3 crop factor ... to say the 645d is a "mittelformat" is like saying aps-c is fullframe

edit: bullshit ... canon just tweaked their jpgeg engine

Last edited by paranoia23; 01-09-2013 at 11:28 AM.
01-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes the holiday apartment is at Dovestrasse. It's the fourth building, if you count from the Landwehrkanal. Are you from Berlin?

Last edited by H.Lux; 01-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
yea i came to berlin to study at the technical university